Reliable Transportation Link
Operations Disclaimer and Further Terms and Conditions:
Dear Client – Thank you for the New Delivery Order! Please READ our official response and kindly assist us to provide you with a Flawless Service!
The following link contains RTL Legal Terms and Conditions: RTL Terms & Conditions
Do not respond to this email, as it is an auto-generated message, bringing to your attention the requirements in Canadian Drayage Community.
We would like to encourage You to let us know about any issue, you may have and we will address it for you – Problem@GoReliable.ca
Sending NEW DELIVERY ORDER:
ALWAYS send it ONLY to a single e-mail NewOrder@goreliable.ca -> only this e-mail, no other e-mail!
For all OTHER communications, pls use our operations e-mail Dispatch@GoReliable.ca and Always Remove from all other communication chains, the New Order e-mail!
Regular Business Hours:
For sending New Orders – 6AM to 6PM Monday to Friday. Orders received after 3PM, will be processed, the next business day.
When you need immediate assistance, with an order after 3PM, please call our main number 1 905 660 7766 and after 6PM please call the after-hours number 1 647 468 7766.
Waiting Time – Greater Metropolitan Area:
For Local City deliveries: We provide 1 FREE hour for Live Service, loading/unloading a container. Loaded Container Drop or Empty Container Pick Ups – are free.
For Highway Delivery: Client has 2 FREE hours to load/unload a container.
Dock Protection – Client’s location:
Every DOCK must be protected, with safety Vertical Foam (both sides of the dock) and safety Horizontal Rubber to stop the container/trailer from hitting the dock structure/building. If those are missing from the dock and our driver is instructed to use the same dock –> RTL, IS not responsible, for the possible damages, as the driver cannot see at the back, while positioning your container in unprotected dock space of client’s facility!
Client’s Notifications must be e-mailed for clarity and Record Keeping:
*** If – the Depot/CN/CP Rail/PORT has ingated/received, the empty/loaded container, under WRONG SSL (steam ship line) NAME, RTL – IS NOT responsible for their mistake!
Importance of Timely – Empty or Loaded containers Pick Up Notifications:
Notifications must be sent in during usual business hours – not afterhours and not during weekend! There is no one in the office after hours!
We prepare next day dispatch, according to the information provided by the clients during usual business hours!
Weekend Operations are happening based on the week days data, provided by the clients! It is mandatory to advise RTL about your weekend needs, before 3PM on Friday!
Proper Drivers have to be secured with sufficient hours availability as we operate on 70 hours per week cycle for the drivers.
IMPROT/EXPORT Pick UP Notifications, especially from Zone 2, must be received by 12:00 noon EST, for same day termination!
Any Detention, Demurrage and/or other fees incurred, due to our inability, to return the containers on time, prior to Depot Closing (however caused), including No CN RV availability, ERD – Early Return Date, bad Weather/Traffic Conditions, will be for the customer’s account as RTL, is NOT directly responsible for the listed above reasons.
No Response from RTL for the sent New Order:
If RTL Dispatch, did not reply to you, with an acknowledgement of received new order, within reasonable time -> IT MEANS – that we have never received your Order!
Please call us immediately, resend your New Order and we are gladly going to proceed. This could happen, due to Internet or other IT reasons.
We CANNOT/ WILL NOT assume any responsibility, on order complications – if we did not accept it, did not process it, did not dispatch it – as we have no record, of the same Order!
Every New Delivery Order sent to RTL:
New Order MUST include the Arrival Notice (AN) or a copy of the Ocean Bill of Lading (OBL / BL) – if not, your Local Delivery Instructions to RTL, MUST include points one to ten.
The below information, exists on the BL / AN and thus we can process it, in a TIMELY MANNER, without any delays!
- The name of the Steam Ship Line (SSL) of the container in question.
- Container number. / 3. Container Size. / 4. Container Pick Up Number.
- Any special instructions such as: Off Hire Container, Return Location, Return Number.
- The Name of the Terminal of Arrival for this container?
- Cargo weight / Commodity / DG or HazMat?
- Proper Delivery Address, Telephone numbers, full client’s full contact information.
*** If the Client, cannot accept the container, upon its arrival and availability (grounded) at the Ports/Terminals/Rail – we would have to PrePull and Store the container – until client is able to accept his cargo. Additional charges may / can / will apply, for additional services to be provided by RTL for your client needs.
- For Border Crossing we need the – Packing Slip, Commercial Invoice, Copy of the OBL / AN with the Bond information.
- Border Customs Brokerinformation: Company Name, Contact name, E-mail, Phone number – pls provide in advance!
Insurance Coverage Note:
RTL Cargo coverage/liability is $2.00/kg for declared weight on OBL, as stated, in our terms and conditions, as printed on RTL Bill of Lading, that our drivers provide, to the consignees/shippers to sign. Should you require additional insurance coverage on your shipments, please be sure, to secure the required/complete coverage from your own insurers, for your client!
In RTL, we want to ensure that together, we do everything we can, to keep Our People/Drivers/Communities, and the goods we transport – safe!
Safety is a core value, rooted in collaboration, commitment and vigilance. We MUST continue working together, while reducing all of the risks, as a team.
It is very important, to minimize the wasted time, at client’s facility, as a result of unclean / unsalted yard / dock area.
SNOW, ICE, slippery environment, are a serious obstacles/danger, causing delays/SAFETY ISSUES for the driver and his truck, possible building / truck damage or injuries or endangering life.
Every DOCK must be Protected, vertically and horizontally for the Container Arrival. RTL will not / cannot be responsible for the possible dock damages, if occurs as a result.
It is also client’s RESPONSIBILITY to clean the snow / ice accumulation, from the top of the container, to avoid safety/POLICE issues on the highway, while we transport your container back to Terminal.
RTL IS NOT responsible for any additional Redelivery charges, SSL DETENTION CHARGES, DUE TO DELAYS, caused by the client’s inability to properly/timely manage the above issues.
Drayage Industry Limitations – Ports/Terminals/Rail current conditions:
Infrastructure Limitations – are CAUSED by the PORTS/RAIL/Terminals various issues, weather/traffic and other conditions – which badly affect the Drayage industry in Canada.
As a result of the SS Lines, lack of space in Empty Depots and or their Inability, to accept Empty Containers, Additional Fees apply, for the extra services provided, when occurred.
Currently, as a result of Terminals excessive Waiting Times – we may need to compensate our drivers, when such occurs, after the free time – to avoid abuse, by the Terminals/Rail!
The Additional Fees are for: Crane Lift Charges if grounded / Yard Storage / Storage on a chassis / Redelivery cost / Waiting Times – for Import / Export empty/loaded containers.
Client MUST know about the above information and be aware of RTL – BL terms and conditions as well as about the existing limitations of the drayage industry in Canada.
As usual, we Thank You for your support and we appreciate your New Delivery Order! For any other requirements pls e-mail – cs@GoReliable.ca
Respectfully – RTL Team and for more information pls visit – www.GoReliable.ca
RTL Reliable Transportation Link – Terms and Conditions:
- Application– The following provisions shall apply to all transportation of all goods by for-hire highway carriers whether or not licensed under the Motor Vehicle Transport Act, 1987 or under provincial statutes. For shipments to and from the U.S.A., the parties enter into this Agreement pursuant to 49 U.S.C. §14101(b)(1) and expressly waive, to the extent permitted by law, all rights and remedies under Title 49 U.S.C., Subtitle IV, Part B to the extent that they conflict with this Agreement.
- Bill of Lading– A Bill of Lading may be completed as provided herein for each shipment or the information may be transmitted by electronic means from the customer to the carrier and vice versa.
III. Conditions of Carriage –
- Liability of Carrier.The carrier of the goods herein described is liable for any loss of or damage to goods accepted by the carrier or the carrier’s agent except as hereinafter provided.
- Liability of Originating and Delivering Carriers– Where a shipment is accepted for carriage by more than one carrier, the carrier who issues the bill of lading (hereinafter called the originating carrier) and the carrier who assumes responsibility for delivery to the consignee (hereinafter called the delivering carrier), in addition to any other liability hereunder, are liable for any loss of or damage to the goods while they are in the custody of any other carrier to whom the goods are delivered and from which liability the other carrier is not relieved.
- Recovery from Connecting Carriers(i) The originating carrier or the delivering carrier, as the case may be, is entitled to recover from any other carrier to whom the goods are delivered the amount that the originating carrier or delivering carrier, as the case may be, is required to pay for the loss of or damage to the goods while they were in the custody of such other carrier. (ii) If there is concealed damage and the goods were interlined between carriers so that it is not clear as to who had custody of the goods when they were damaged, the originating carrier or the delivering carrier, as the case may be, is entitled to recover from each of the interlined carriers an amount prorated on the basis of each carrier’s revenue for carriage of the damaged goods.
- Remedy by Consignor or Consignee– Nothing in Article 2 or 3 deprives a consignor or consignee of any rights the consignor or consignee may have against any carrier.
- Exceptions from Liability– The carrier shall not be liable for loss, damage or delay to any of the goods described in the bill of lading caused by an act of God, the Queen’s or public enemies, riots, strikes, a defect in the goods, an act or default of the consignor, owner or consignee, authority of law, quarantine or difference in weights of grain, seed or other commodities caused by natural shrinkage.
- Delay– No carrier is bound to carry goods by any particular public truck or in time for any particular market or otherwise then with due dispatch, unless by agreement that is specifically endorsed on the bill of lading and signed by the parties.
- Routing by Carrier– If the carrier forwards the goods by a conveyance that is not a public truck, the liability of the carrier is the same as though the entire carriage were by public truck.
- Stoppage in Transit– If goods are stopped and held in transit at the request of the party entitled to so request, the goods are held at the risk of that party.
- Valuation– Subject to Article 10, the amount of any loss or damage for which the carrier is liable, whether or not the loss or damage results from negligence, shall be the lesser of,
(i) the value of the goods at the place and time of shipment, including the freight and other charges if paid, and (ii) $2.00 per kilogram computed on the total weight of the shipment.
- Declared Value– If the consignor has declared a value of the goods on the face of the bill of lading, the amount of any loss or damage for which the carrier is liable shall be or shall not exceed the declared value on the instructions to RTL for the specific delivery!
- Consignor’s Risk– (i) If it is agreed that the goods are carried at the risk of the consignor, such agreement covers only such risks as are necessarily incidental to the carriage and the agreement does not relieve the carrier from liability for any loss or damage or delay that results from the negligence of the carrier or the carrier’s agents or employees. (ii) The burden of proving absence of negligence shall be on the carrier.
- Notice of Claim– (i) No carrier is liable for loss, damage or delay to any goods carried under the bill of lading unless notice thereof setting out particulars of the origin, destination and date of shipment of the goods and the estimated amount claimed in respect of such loss, damage or delay is given in writing to the originating carrier or the delivering carrier within sixty days after delivery of the goods or, in the case of failure to make delivery, within nine months from the date of shipment. (ii) The final statement of the claim must be filed within nine months from the date of shipment, together with a copy of the paid freight bill.
- Articles of Extraordinary Value– (i) No carrier is bound to carry any documents, specie or articles of extraordinary value unless by a special agreement to do so. (ii) If such goods are carried without a special agreement and the nature of the goods is not disclosed on the bill of lading, the carrier shall not be liable for any loss or damage in excess of the maximum liability stipulated in Article 9.
- Freight Charges– (i) If required by the carrier, the freight and all other lawful charges accruing on the goods shall be paid before delivery. (ii) If upon inspection it is ascertained that the goods shipped are not those described in the bill of lading, the freight charges must be paid upon the goods actually shipped with any additional charges lawfully payable thereon. (iii) If a consignor does not indicate that a shipment is to move prepaid, or does not indicate how the shipment is to move, it will automatically move on a collect basis.
- Dangerous Goods– Every person, whether as principal or agent, shipping dangerous goods without previous full disclosure to the carrier as required by law, shall indemnify the carrier against all loss, damage or delay caused by the failure to disclose and such goods may be warehoused at the consignor’s risk and expense.
- Undelivered Goods– (i) If, through no fault of the carrier, the goods cannot be delivered, the carrier shall immediately give notice to the consignor and consignee that delivery cannot be made and shall request disposal instructions. (ii) Pending receipt of disposal instructions, A. the goods may be stored in the warehouse of the carrier, subject to a reasonable charge for storage, or B. if the carrier has notified the consignor of this intention, the goods may be removed to and stored in a public or licensed warehouse at the expense of the consignor, without liability on the part of the carrier, and subject to a lien for all freight and other lawful charges, including a reasonable charge for storage.
- Return of Goods– If a notice has been given by the carrier pursuant to paragraph (i) of Article 16, and no disposal instructions have been received within ten days from the date of such notice, the carrier may return to the consignor, at the consignor’s expense, all undelivered shipments for which such notice has been given.
- Alterations– Subject to Article 19, any limitation on the carrier’s liability on the bill of lading and any alteration to the bill of lading shall be signed or initialed by the consignor and the originating carrier or their agents and unless signed and initialed shall be without effect.
- Weights– (i) It shall be the responsibility of the consignor to show correct shipping weights of the shipment on the bill of lading. (ii) If the actual weight of the shipment does not agree with the weight shown on the bill of lading, the weight shown on the bill of lading may be corrected by the carrier.
- C.O.D. Shipments
(i) A carrier shall not deliver a C.O.D. shipment unless payment is received in full.
(ii) The charge for collecting and remitting the amount of C.O.D. bills for C.O.D. shipments must be collected from the consignee unless the consignor has instructed otherwise on the bill of lading.
(iii) A carrier shall remit all C.O.D. moneys to the consignor, or person designated by the consignor, within fifteen days after collection.
(iv) A carrier shall keep all C.O.D. moneys in a trust fund or account separate from the other revenues and funds of the carrier’s business.
(v) A carrier shall include the charges for collecting and remitting money paid by consignees as a separate item in the schedule of rates.
- The consignor (the “Customer”) and the consignee are jointly and severally liable for freight. The Customer shall pay to the carrier in cash or as otherwise agreed all sums immediately when due without reduction or deferment on account of any claim, counterclaim or set off.
2.Despite the acceptance by the carrier of instructions to collect freight, duties, charges or other expenses from the consignee or any other person the Customer shall remain responsible for such freight, duties, charges or expenses on receipt of evidence of proper demand and in the absence of evidence of payment (for whatever reason) by such consignee or other person when due.
3. All goods (and documents relating to goods) shall be subject to a particular and general lien and right of detention for monies due either in respect of such goods or for any particular or general balance or other monies due from the Customer or the Sender, consignee or owner to the carrier. If any monies due the carrier are not paid within one calendar month after notice has been given to the person from whom the monies are due that such goods are being detained, they may be sold by auction or otherwise at the sole discretion of the carrier and at the expense of such person, and the net proceeds applied in or towards satisfaction of such indebtedness and the carrier will not be liable for any deficiencies or reduction in value received on the sale of the goods nor, will the carrier be relieved from the liability merely because the goods have been sold.
4. The carrier shall be entitled to retain and be paid all brokerages, commissions, allowances and other remunerations as is customary in the trade.
5. The carrier is authorized (but shall be under no obligation whatsoever) to open package(s) for inspection at all times.
6. In any claim based on damage to the goods or container the carrier shall be allowed to inspect the goods, the shipping container(s) and packing material. The carrier shall not be liable for damages if the right of inspection is not given.
7. In no event (including but not limited to fundamental breach of contract, breach of fundamental term of a contract and the negligence or gross negligence of the carrier whether arising from miss-delivery, failure to deliver or delay in delivery) shall the carrier be liable, whether at the suit of the party or parties contracting directly with the carrier, or at the suit of any third party and whether in contract or in tort, for indirect or consequential damage or for damages for the loss of sue or for the loss of earnings or profit.
8. The right to damages against the carrier shall be extinguished if an action is not brought within two years, calculated from the date of arrival of the goods at the destination or, in the case of non-delivery, from the date on which the goods were shipped.
- These Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario. By accepting the services provided under these Conditions, the Customer irrevocably attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Provinceof Ontario and to the laws of Ontario or the other provinces in Canada.
- “Received, subject to the Rules for the Carriage of Express and Non-Carload Foreign Traffic and Tariffs In effect on the date of issue of this original shipping contract(bill of lading), goods described on the Face hereof in apparent good order, except as noted (contents and conditions of contents of packages unknown), marked, consigned and destined as indicated on the face hereof, which said company agrees to carry to its usual place of delivery at said destination, if on its road, otherwise to deliver to another carrier on route to said destination. It is mutually agreed, as to each carrier of all or any of said goods over all or any portion of said route to destination, and as to each party at any time Interested in all or any of said goods, that every service to be performed hereunder shall be subject to all conditions (which are hereby incorporated by reference and have the same force and effect as if the same were severally, fully specifically set forth herein), approved by the Express and Non- Carload Freight Traffic terms and Conditions Approval Order and also available at all express and railway agency stations and express and freight offices upon request, when said goods are carried by a rail carrier and which are agreed to by the shipper and accepted for himself and his assigns”
- Approved by the National Transportation Agency by General Order No. T-5, dated February 1,1965 Set forth in the Canadian Freight Classification and also available at all Railway agency stations and Freight offices upon request when said goods are carried by a rail carrier, and which are agreed to by the shipper and accepted for himself and his assignees.
- Approved by the National transportation Agency by General Order No. T-43, set forth in the Rules for The Carriage of Express and Non-Carload Freight Traffic and also available at all express and railway. Agency stations and express and freight offices upon request when said goods are carried by a rail. Carrier and which are agreed to by the shipper and accepted for himself and his assigns; or
- Of the Bill of Lading set forth in or prescribed by the relevant tariffs, classification, statutes and Regulations pertaining to motor carrier’s services and when said goods are carried by a motor carrier; or
- Of the bill of lading form as described in the trucking regulations(1988) 120 G. O. 11 791 as Approved by the Quebec Transport Commission when said goods originating in Quebec are to be Carrier by a Motor Carrier; or according to Canadian bill of lading Act.
- Related to the bill of lading of the water carrier, as approved in its tariffs of Rules and Regulations, when said Goods are carried by a water carrier.
- RTL/CARRIER– will not be responsible for any damages of goods occurring in transit to/within Canada/USA inside of the containers, RTL is not responsible for any environmental issues if any leak of substance occurs from the container, on any Highway/Freeway or Private Property and the cleanup costs, towing costs, police costs, MTO and Environmental costs are direct responsibility of the shipper and all of his involved agents and to consignee or the buyer who are involved in this specific shipment and waiting to receive it. RTL is not responsible for damages of goods,falling out of container/trailer, when doors of the container are opened by the driver, due to Improper blocking, bracing or packing by the shipper at origin.
- The Receiver/Consignee isresponsible for sweeping/ cleaning and removing all debris from Empty container/trailer. In the event that Empty Container Depot refuses container due to Unclean Condition, receiver/consignee, will be responsible for accessorial charges, including drayage, incurred to bring container to acceptable condition for empty depot or Container wash.
- For Loading/offloading chassis/trailer/equipment detention chargesmay apply after-agreed free time-has elapsed.
- RTL/Carrierwill not be held responsible for any s/s line demurrage charges incurred due to Shipper/receiver/consigneenot notifying – RTL/carrier when container/trailer is empty/loaded.
- All claims must be submitted to carrier within 24 hours of the event, notify RTL ASAP, immediately.
- By signing this Bill of Lading the shipper/receiver fully understands and agrees to all the Terms and Conditions mentioned hereunder and Client/Shipper/Consignee have to read and fully understand the provided information in this document for own benefits.
- Maximum Liability:The amount of any damage calculated, per occurrence shall not exceed $2.00 per (1) one KG, unless a higher value was declared in advance on the face of the bill of lading by Shipper/Agent/Consignee to RTL, while asking through email communications in advance, for specific additional insurance coverage from RTL or via own coverage.
- Inside the container /crates / boxes damage to cargo – however caused, in transit from origin, is not RTL responsibility! Client needs to have the same cargo, insured prior to shipping from origin.
- The Receiver/Consignee/Client is legally responsible – if/when RTL equipment is being stolen from His / Her premises/location. It is client’s responsibility to protect from theft/fire/Equipment Damage – Under his jurisdiction, in his location, with his / its own insurance coverage – not RTL’s. Any damages to RTL equipment, weather it is abuse , misuse, or vandalism at client’s location/Yard are Full client’s responsibility. RTL equipment is always under client’s responsibility, while being positioned for the client’s needsin clients facilities or while RTL equipment is dropped in Client’s various locations or facilities for direct Receiver/Consignee/Client requirements and or client’s needs.
- Language. This B/L is available in the French language. Notwithstanding, if you may choose to Execute the English language version of this document only, you will be deemed to have required That this documents be drafted in English. Should you, however, sign the English version of this document, The English language version thereof shall prevail.
- LIABILITY OF CARRIER
The carrier of the goods therein described is not liable for any loss of or damage to goods accepted by the carrier or the carrier’s agent except as otherwise provided in this Bill of Lading.
- EXCEPTIONS FROM LIABILITY
The carrier shall not be liable for loss, damage or delay to any goods described in the Bill of Lading caused by an Act of God, the Queen’s public enemies, riots, strikes, a defect in the goods, an act or default of the consignee, authority of law, quarantine or difference in weights of grain, seed or other commodities caused by natural shrinkage.
- STOPPAGE IN TRANSIT
If goods are stopped and help in transit at the request of the party entitled to so request, the goods are held at the risk of the party.
- DECLARED VALUE
If the consignor has declared a value of the goods, there will be surcharge, on the face of the Bill of Lading the amount of the any loss or damage for which the carrier is liable shall be or not be exceed the declared value. In any case if additional coverage was not requested from RTL.
- ARTICLES OF EXTRAORDINARY VALUE
(a) No Carrier is bound to carry any documents, specie or articles of extraordinary value unless special agreement to do so.
(b) If such goods are carried without a special agreement and the nature of the goods is not disclosed on the Bill of Lading, the carrier shall not be liable for any loss or damage in excess of the maximum liability stipulated in this Bill of Lading.
- FREIGHT CHARGES
(a) If required by the carrier, the freight and all other lawful charges accruing on the goods shall be paid before delivery.
(b) If upon inspection it is ascertained that the goods shipped are not those described in the Bill of Lading, the freight charged must be paid upon the actually shipped with any additional charges lawfully payable thereon.
(c) If a consignor does not indicate that a shipment is to move prepaid, or does not indicate how the shipment is to move, it will automatically move on a collect basis.
- DANGEROUS GOODS
Every person, whether as principal or agent, shipping dangerous goods without previous full disclosure to the carrier as required by law, shall indemnify the carrier all loss, damage or delay caused by failure to disclose and such goods, may be warehoused at the consignor’s risk and expense.
- UNDELIVERED GOODS
(a) If, through no fault of the carrier, the goods cannot be delivered, the carrier shall immediately give notice to the consignor and consignee that delivery cannot be made and shall request disposal instruction.
(b) Pending receipt of disposal instructions,
(I)the goods may be stored in the warehouse if the carrier, subject to a reasonable charge of storage, or
(II)If the carrier has notified the consignor of the intention, the goods may be removed to and stored in a public licences warehouse at the expensed of the consignor, without liability on the part of the carrier, and subject to a lien for the freight and other lawful charges, including a reasonable charge for storage.
- RETURN OF GOODS
If a notice has been given by the carrier pursuant to the above paragraph, and no disposal instruction s have been received within ten(10) days from the date of such notice, the carrier may return to the consignor at eh expense of the consignor’s expense, all undelivered shipments for which such notice has been given.
- C.O.D SHIPMENTS
(a) A carrier shall not deliver a C.O.D shipment unless payment is received I full.
(b) The charge for collecting and remitting the amount of C.O.D shipments must be collected from the consignee unless the consignor has instructed otherwise on the Bill of Lading.
(c) A carrier shall remit all C.O.D. moneys to the consignor, a person designated by the consignor, within fifteen(15) days after collection.
(d) A carrier shall keep all C.O.D. Moneys in a trust fund or account separate from revenues and funds of the carrier’s business.
(e) A carrier shall include the charges for collecting and remitting money paid by the consignees as a separate item in the schedule of rates.
- NOS-LOAD- The carrier is not responsible for missing or damaged cargo. It is all shipper’s responsibility.
Maximum liability $2.00 per kg unless declared valuation, whichever is less. Not responsible for concealed damage or pilferage from sealed containers. All claim must be made within 24 hours. Loss or damage must be noted on the bill at delivery. Goods received in good order. RTL Transportation Link is not liable for any damage to drive ways, parking Tickets and Towing.
- For a complete list:of the Schedule to the Uniform Conditions of Carriage. Please refer to O. Reg 25/89, as amended or replaced.
RTL – Reliable Transportation Link – Complete Logistics Solutions – Bonded / DG / EDI Carrier
Servicing: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Regina, Saskatoon, Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Canada & US
Warehousing/Bonded/Transloading | Truckload | Refrigerated | Flatbed/SD/DD – OS/OD/OW/OOG | Rail/Intermodal/Containers – > Compelling Logistics Solutions!
Head Office| Tel: 905-660-7766 | www.GoReliable.ca