Reliable Transportation Link
Commitment to Quality
RTL’s Commitment to Quality is motivated by the desire to achieve total customer satisfaction and ensure its competitive position by institutionalizing the principles of continuous improvement within the organization. We understand that in order to achieve these Quality goals, it is necessary to develop a spirit of teamwork not only within RTL, but with its business partners, as these business partners are an integral part of the service cycle.
On that basis, RTL has established a policy that all suppliers of critical business services must share its Quality service philosophy. By signing this Service Agreement, both RTL and the supplier jointly pledge their commitment to total quality principles and acknowledge their responsibility as partners in the overall service chain.
As the party primarily responsible for the successful delivery of quality service to our mutual customers, RTL acknowledges its obligation to properly communicate service requirements to its trucking partners.
We pledge that the following service requirements will be met:
- Issue work orders with sufficient lead time to allow for smooth trucking services.
- Provide prompt notification whenever there is a change in the customer’s instructions.
- Provide prompt and constructive feedback on any service concerns.
- Provide semi-annual performance assessments for mutual discussion of service issues (Carrier Assessment Scorecard).
- Process and pay all motor carrier invoices received in a timely manner.
Motor Carrier’s Commitment
As a supplier of trucking services to RTL, I acknowledge my responsibilities as a partner in the service chain, understanding that the total service experience of the customer is significantly impacted by my performance. I also understand that my continued participation as an RTL preferred carrier is dependent on maintaining the highest standard of service to our mutual customers. To pledge to develop a complementary relationship based on service with RTL’s customers.
I pledge that the following service requirements will be strictly met:
- Promptly provide all required operating and insurance permits/certificates.
- Confirm all appointments with the customer and arrive within fifteen minutes of scheduled appointment time.
- Respond to all service problems and inquiries immediately.
- Notify RTL and the customer as soon as any delay is evident.
- Report to RTL the arrival and departure time to/from customer’s facility within 1 business day of the activity.
- Respond to all Non-Conformances within two business days.
- Implement corrective action to improve areas of poor performance.
- If storing loaded containers on terminal, maintain adequate security.
- Maintain owned equipment in good operating condition.
- Ensure company driver appearance is neat and clean and that they convey a professional image.
- Comply with MTO/DOT registration, training programs and emergency procedures for hazardous material.
- Require drivers to inspect the exterior and interior of empty containers and ensure all discrepancies are noted correctly on ETR’s.
- Each driver must verify that seal number matches either the seal on the job order for loaded deliveries or the seal on the dock receipt received from the shipper. If the seal does not match, the driver must have the facility record the actual seal number on the interchange or dock receipt. If a seal is missing at the time the driver attempts to pick up a load from a terminal, depot, rail ramp or customer’s premises, the driver must request that the facility apply a seal and record the seal number on the EIR or dock receipt before leaving the facility. The seal discrepancy must immediately be advised to RTL by E-mail to email@example.com
- During the transport of any loaded container, drivers must refrain from any unnecessary stops and if a stop is necessary take precautions to prevent tampering/theft and inspect the container before proceeding. Any evidence of cargo tampering must be reported to RTL immediately.
- Promptly process and remit payment for all invoices received from RTL.
- Accept all work given by RTL on the agreed points, that motor carrier is responsible forhandling with advanced notification.
- While moving refrigerated containers, verify correct temperature setting and overalloperation of refrigeration unit at time of pick up. For long-haul movements (over 500 miles) perform visual inspection every eight hours.
- Maintain a minimum score of 75% on the Carrier Assessment Scorecard.
- Operate in a safe manner, maintaining Compliance, Safety and Accountability (CSA) BASIC scores below the FM CSA Alert thresholds.
- Provide invoices to RTL with exact PrePull date and exact Delivery date!
- Dispatch Disclaimer for RTL delivery purposes:
The Carrier will acknowledge to RTL order received. The carrier will call the consignee / shipper and will arrange the delivery/appointment time.The carrier should have RTL on the CC for transparency reasons and in order to eliminate extra phone calls with no reason. The carrier will have a running Excel Spread Sheet& his Invoice to include: container number, consignee name, date order received, date prepulled, and date delivered and the cost to be billed to RTL. The Carrier must always have on hands proper RTL work order with proper amount to be invoiced to RTL. Invoices without proper agreed amount – will be rejected by RTL accounting system, as there is no match from the beginning. All additional costs to be discussed as it happens – not after the facts, as we have no ability to get back to client and change. Asperour understandingsandan our agreements, thefollowing mustbeadheredtoandfollowed: The Carrier isRESPONSIBLEFOR ALLTHE PREPULLS/ PORTSTORAGES/SSLDEMURRAGES/ IF ANY OCCUR duetoneglector inabilitytoimmediatelynotify RTL about a problem. The Carriermust notify RTL about any possibleissue!Wearesendingtherequired information,wellinadvanceandTHERE ISNO REASON, FORANY COMPLICATIONS! Missingdocuments, SSLHold, Customs Release or anythingelse,must be immediatelyadvisedto RTL,with print screen,fromthe Port/Rail Terminal asa statusproof. Terminal availability, must be monitored continuously, if the container does not show in CN, you must check CP/PORTS immediately and report to RTL, about the status and proper Location. The Carriermust ACTaccordingto thefreestandarddays, imposed bytheSSL,forLoaded/Empty Container! Always, Timely Terminalpick upandEmpty container Return is a must! Free days, only according to SSL same as the empty Depot/Port instructions.
The CarrierShouldbe alwaysready, toact andtimely deliver,prioritizeRTLdeliveryorders and protect RTLfromanynegativeissues or any extra cost beside the agreed rate.IfRTL didnot get a timelyProblem Alert, RTL cannot timely,acttoavoidthisissue,hencethe responsibility, fallson The Carrierwhich is representing RTL under the received delivery instructions! Allcommunications for therecord, shouldbesentviatheemail andfollowedbyatelephonecallafter. Alwaysconfirmreceipt, ofevery delivery order, that RTLissendingto you. Thisway,both sides,havea record/date/time. Pleasenote: that werequireSIGNED BYCLIENT-BillsofLading/POD / signandprint- fromevery delivery. Pleasehaveyour driver to takea proper quality picturesof documents, so you canimmediatelysenditto us. ThePOD mustbeaccompaniedwith theport/terminal interchange,asit happens,load pickedupandempty container return.
Any Extracharges,beyondtheagreed rate,mustbecommunicated,via e-mailinadvance, so wecould approvethoseforyou, atthetimeofthedelivery! Forimmediatepayment,werequire all ofPODies/Interchanges /other Documentation anditisavailablefor 5% discount of the agreed rate.
Pleasenote: Any Back Solicitingwill result, with adverseeffects and NEGATIVITY on the service provider hereunder.
- CONTRACT ADDENDUM: IF CUSTOMER DIRECTS THAT RTL TENDER THE SHIPMENT DIRECTLY TO CUSTOMER’S CHOSEN CARRIER, RTL IS NOT INVOLVED IN THE TRANSPORTATION AND DELIVERY OF THIS SHIPMENT IN ANY MANNER AND THE TRANSPORTATIONAND DELIVERY OF THIS SHIPMENT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CUSTOMER’S CHOSEN CARRIER/Drayman, same when RTL is choosingThe Carrier THEREFORE, THE CUSTOMER’S CHOSEN CARRIER, AND NOT RTL, BEARS SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR RISKS AND DAMAGES (E.G., FINES, PENALTIES, DAMAGES, FEES, ETC.) ARISING IN ANY MANNER ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSPORTATION AND DELIVERY OF THIS SHIPMENT or the Storage and other Handling, BY THE CHOSEN CARRIER. RTL’s RESPONSIBILITY IN THIS TRANSACTION, AS EVIDENCED BY THE USE OF THIS “DELIVERY ORDER”, IS STRICTLY LIMITED TO PROVIDING NOTIFICATION TO THE PARTIES TO THE TRANSACTION AS TO THE (1) PICK UP AND DELIVERY LOCATION AND (2) CARRIER NAME. RTL WILL EXERCISE REASONABLE CARE IN COMMUNICATING ALL INFORMATION KNOWN TO IT AT THE TIME THIS DELIVERY ORDER IS ISSUED. RTL WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE, LIABLE OR ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION IT RECEIVES THAT IS SUBSEQUENTLY PASSED ON BY IT OR FOR ANY DAMAGES, FINES, AND/OR PENALTIES THAT RESULT FROM IT, IN PROVIDING THIS SERVICE FOR THE CUSTOMER, THE CUSTOMER/ The Drayman AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD RTL HARMLESS FROM ANY RESULTING DAMAGES, FINES AND/OR PENALTIES RESULTING FROM THIS NOTIFICATION SERVICE AND USE OF THIS DELIVERY ORDER. HOWEVER, IF RTL TENDERS THE SHIPMENT DIRECTLY TO ITS CHOSEN CARRIER, THIS DELIVERY ORDER WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT FOR MOTOR CONTRACT CARRIER SERVICES (“AGREEMENT) PREVIOUSLY EXECUTED BETWEEN RTL AND ITS CARRIER AND THIS DELIVERY ORDER CONSTITUTES AN ADDENDUM TO THE TERMS OF THAT AGREEMENT. CARRIER’S CARGO INSURANCE POLICY MUST NOT EXCLUDE FROM COVERAGE ANY COMMODITIES OR CARGO TENDERED TO CARRIER. CARRIER SHALL NOT ACCEPT ANY FREIGHT FOR SHIPMENT WHICH CARRIER KNOWS OR SHOULD KNOW IS FREIGHT EXCLUDED UNDER COVERAGE BY CARRIER’S CARGO INSURANCE. CARRIER ACCEPTING FREIGHT EXCLUDED UNDER ITS CARGO INSURANCE WILL NOT RELIEVE CARRIER OF ANY CARGO CLAIM LIABILITY IT HAS TO RTL OR ANY PARTY IN THIS TRANSACTION. IF CARRIER’S CARGO INSURANCE POLICY CONTAINS A SCHEDULE OF COVERED VEHICLES, CARRIER WILL NOT TRANSPORT ANY CARGO ON THIS SHIPMENT USING A VEHICLE THAT IS NOT LISTED AS A SCHEDULED VEHICLE ON CARRIER’S CARGO INSURANCE POLICY.